Welcome to Positive Acorn’s Applied Positive Psychology program.
Our training program marries the freshest and most powerful positive psychology interventions with solid coaching basics and accelerated practice building. Our coach training is a distance learning program that is flexible and skills heavy. Here is what our courses include:
- A series of convenient half hour MP3 talks given by Dr. Robert Biswas-Diener and the Positive Acorn team for our Fundamentals of Coaching and Applied Positive Psychology courses
- Coaching Skills course uses an exclusive 135 page workbook
- Applied Positive Psychology uses Robert’s book Practicing Positive Psychology Coaching
- Opportunities to practice skills with a partner each week
- Live one hour weekly meetings—to be used solely for demonstrations and discussion.
- A member’s only training community including current students and alumni.
Who is this program for?
Coaching and positive psychology skills are appropriate for a wide range of professionals who work with clients and students. These tools are especially appropriate for:
- People interested in creating a coaching practice
- Organizational coaches
- Managers and human resources professionals
- Psychotherapists and counselors
Our distance learning courses are delivered conveniently over the telephone or through a webinar platform. Just call in using your phone or log into the meeting from your computer at the specified time you are connected to the small group of participants who share your interests, and to instructors eager to work with you. If you happen to miss a session you can still access a recording of it later for your convenience.
We want you to have the opportunity to maximize your learning, but also recognize that you are busy. Each week there is a 1 hour class meeting as well as a 1 hour partner homework assignment. There are additional self-paced workbook and audio lectures that constitute an additional hour of work (total) should you choose to complete them. Total time: 2-3 hours a week.
Positive Acorn has trained thousands of professionals worldwide and we are proud of our graduates of 2012! If you are interested in helping others or in becoming a more skilled educator, parent, manager, therapist, or coach we welcome you to our community!
What our participants say:
“I would highly recommend Positive Acorn’s course to any coaching or business professional looking to enhance his/her skills. The tools and strategies to be gained within Positive Acorn’s programming will not only help clients and colleagues thrive but also improve your own overall well-being.” - Lisa Cypers Kamen, Harvesting Happiness
“If you’re starting a coaching practice and want to incorporate applied positive psychology techniques you’ll find this course is the perfect combination. I came away with practical, hands-on strategies I could immediately apply in my own practice.” - Beth Cabrera, Ph.D., Organizational Positivity
“The course content and delivery were top notch as far as I’m concerned. Positive Acorn truly prepared me to begin my coaching career on a professional footing, provided an excellent foundation on which to build, and offered multiple resources for continuing my coaching education.” - Susan Minarik , Positive Living Now Coaching