We have an almost fanatical desire to help people engage in responsible practice and for this reason, we developed our basic coaching skills program. This distance learning program uses a virtual classroom for written materials and lectures, and a live voice-to-voice platform for instruction. Coaching Skills introduces learners to the coaching relationship and provides an experiential learning environment in which they develop basic coaching competencies. This 6-week course meets three hours per week and requires additional time for reading and engaging with the pre-recorded lecture.
- Session One: The bookends of coaching: Setting a sophisticated agenda and establishing accountability
- Session Two: Introduction to the ICF core competencies
- Session Three: Creating client awareness
- Session Four: The psychology of goals and motivation
- Session Five: Developing coaching presence
- Session Six: Working with metaphor
- Session Seven: The stages of change
- Session Eight: Asking powerful questions
- Session Nine: Solutions Focus coaching
- Session Ten: Values clarification
- Session Eleven: Using the Tree-of-Life Activity
- Week Twelve: Hope Diagnosis
Coaching Skills is 22.5 ICF credits
Payments can be made in full, in 3 monthly payments, or in 5 monthly payments.
- 100% refund available within 24 hours of registering.
- 90% refund available until 3 weeks prior to the start of class.
- 50% refund available if less than 3 weeks until the start of class.